The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse


I really enjoyed reading this but I also had a few problems, hence the 3 star rating.

Mosse created a beautiful scenery and at time you could smell the food and crisp snow. The character of Freddie was not really likeable though. He didn't grieve when his brother was presumed dead in the war and I understand that he had no one to discuss how he felt about this but I also felt that he was very weak to have believed everything that was happening around him. Time, and time again we are shown that Fabrissa is a ghost and yet, Freddie doesn't see it. Even when he's searching for the tomb in the caves he still thinks he'll find her alive and I just can't understand why.

It might be just me but I also didn't really feel the need for the small backstory of Freddie's father. It showed that at one time he was happy but later gave that up to be just content.

Through all of this though, I truly enjoyed the book and look forward to reading more of Mosse's work.

Comments

Popular Posts