Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer


I went into this book thinking it would just be another coming of age story with plenty of teenage angst and longing for pleasures of the flesh. In reality it's a story about blackmailing. There's no sex, no angst and it was just a good read. I really enjoyed it because it was a fairly simple story about a kid trying to get into college but he has to blackmail the most popular kids (and one faculty member) into helping him by creating a magazine. The kid, Carson, ends up inspiring quite a few of them and even receives poetry and short stories that they have put their heart and soul into.

I'm a big fan of Glee and have wanted to read Colfer's work for a while just to see if it was actually any good. It turns out that the guy can write. I was really impressed, if not a little shocked at all of the swearing. I shall watch the film and see if it matches up.

Comments

Popular Posts