The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver

The Bone Collector (Lincoln Rhyme, #1)

I love Jeffery Deaver. He is such a talented author and can create such an amazing tension when it is needed which is definitely something I look for in a crime thriller. I saw the film years ago but I know that I need to see it again now as I don't remember much.

At first you really dislike Lincoln Rhyme because he seems so disconnected from humans, most of all victims, but eventually you start to realise that he creates this space between himself and everyone else because he doesn't feel that people should slow down their lives because of his accident. He will always be a little disconnected but eventually he lightens up a little. His accident has made his life exceptionally difficult but he is still a great criminologist, despite only having the use of his head, neck and one finger.

The research that went into making this book as factual as possible must have been immense as there is an awful lot to cover. Not only did Deaver need to research spinal injuries but he also needed to find out a lot about crime scene work. Being a former journalist would have helped him in the research process but I am just astonished at how intelligently written this book was. I can't fault it on any level. It's fast-paced, clever, sometimes witty and is just a really interesting read.

Comments

Popular Posts