Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

I'm not a massive fan of sci-fi books to be honest. When I choose something to read it'll usually be fantasy or a good crime thriller, but I do sometimes read things that are widely suggested as a great read. Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? is one of those books. I saw bits of Bladerunner years ago but have retained no memory of what the film was actually like.

I was a little disappointed as it seems quite rushed in places, especially at the end where I was expecting a big showdown between bounty hunter and android. What really happened was quick and boring.

I understand that Dick was trying to show what the world could be like if we carry on with the wars and littering etc, but I found it quite unrealistic, silly and often confusing. Maybe this says more about my frame of mind than anything else but I wanted something a little more substantial, and not a book that would fade out at the end.

Comments

Popular Posts