To Be Read

I found this questionnaire on a blog I've just started following, My Life In Books. My TBR list can be quite lengthy so here goes nothing...

1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?


It's all Goodreads. When I find a book that I'm interested in then I can just add to my 'to read' list and not worry about it until I feel like reading it. The app is really handy too because it means that I can add books when I'm out and about so I can also use it to buy the books that I've added later on.


2. Is your TBR mostly print or eBook?


I try to buy the books on my TBR list but I will say that most are ones I haven't yet purchased.


3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?


I used to have a system where I would read one book from a series and then a stand-alone novel, but lately I just read what I fancy and if I can't find something then I get my husband to look at my TBR list or my kindle folders and just choose something for me. It works out quite well, I just have to try to mix up my genres a bit otherwise I could get a bit depressed if I read several crime novels in a row etc.


4. A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest?


On my Goodreads list it is Lord Of The Flies by William Golding which has been there since August 2011 but on my bookshelves it's The Neverending Story by Michael Ende which my mum bought for me when I was a child, I just never got around to reading it.




5. A book you recently added to your TBR?


Don't Point That Thing At Me by Kyril Bonfiglioli. I work in a bookshop and one of our promotions at the moment is 'Read The Book Before Seeing The Film' which includes Mortdecai, the new film starring Johnny Depp and Gwyneth Paltrow. It looks like it should be a funny one.


6. A book on your TBR strictly because of it’s beautiful cover.


I don't really go for the beautiful cover alone. It needs to draw me in with it's summary on the back, or be recommended by a friend. Saying that, I did add Book Of Sith by Daniel Wallace which I found in Waterstones because it had the most beautiful Star Wars art.




7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading.


There are none on my TBR list that I never plan on reading but I have tried to read Catch-22 by Joseph Heller twice and twice I have put it down after the first couple of chapters. At some point I know that I'll pick it up again, but for now it sits on my bookshelf looking at me.


8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for.



I don't have any at the moment other than the second Nightmares! book by Jason Segel. It might be for children but I really enjoyed the first one, and it has potential to be a firm favourite in my household.


9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you.


I think it's either Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey or The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, both of which I mean to read in the very near future.




10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you.


The Divergent series has been recommended to me a few times recently as I loved The Hunger Games. I will read the books before seeing the films.


11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read.


The Bell Jar again, and an eBook I found last year called Zero Echo Shadow Prime by Peter Samet. Plath because it's a masterpiece, and the Samet because it just sounds awesome. I don't normally get excited over books by an unknown author unless it's been recommended to me but I found this and just can't wait to read it.




12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?


I actually have no idea how many books I have on my shelves that I haven't read and would guess there are easily hundreds seeing as I work in a bookshop. On my Goodreads TBR list there are 209 books which will be 210 once I add the Quick Reads book I bought earlier today, Dead Man Talking by Roddy Doyle. I just can't help myself.


I'm not tagging anyone to do this. Just feel free to fill it in, either on this post or on your own blog. I'd love to know what everyone else has on the list to read.

Comments

Popular Posts