Procrastination


I should have been writing my review for The Maze Runner this morning but after dropping my children off at school I found myself parked on my bum watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer with an egg McMuffin in my hand. It's not that I'm lazy, or don't want to do any writing, I'm just one of the world's procrastinators. I always have been.

When I was at school I'd find something to do like doodling or reading (something not on the syllabus). I'd have study sessions with my friends but insist on listening to music, then spend the entire time playing DJ and wondering why I didn't understand longshore drift.

Now, I have new focuses for my procreation. My children. My husband. Work. Watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer on Netflix for the umpteenth time.


Next week though, things are going to have to change. I start a new job on Monday, one that is full-time and a lot more responsibility. I'll no longer have the mornings to spend watching TV with my husband. Whilst this does make me sad, it is also quite exciting because I have to learn to prioritise better. I need to go to work all day, come home to my children and then make time for my husband (and Buffy), whilst trying to find some time to read my books, review them and possibly even write my own book.

I've been writing stories since I could...well...write, and I am determined to get at least one novel published before I die. This does mean that the procrastination needs to stop. When I turn on my tablet/laptop I need to actually write something. Pinterest and Facebook need to be banned when it's writing time, and The Scooby Gang are going to have to fight evil when I've finished the important things.

Comments

Popular Posts